Singer-turned-politician Mathias Walukagga is fuming after his much-anticipated show at Front Page Namasuba, scheduled for Friday 28th, was abruptly cancelled by security.
Walukagga, who doubles as Kyengera Mayor and is currently contesting for the Busiro East MP seat, says he was shocked after learning that police had called off the concert, claiming they didn’t have enough manpower to provide security.
Speaking out, Walukagga revealed that he only found out after returning a missed call from his event organiser.
“I was told security had cancelled the show because of limited manpower. I don’t understand how police fails to secure an indoor event after all the investment that has gone in,” he lamented.
The singer says the move has not only hurt him financially but also affected all the people who were expecting to earn from the event.
He added that the proceeds from the show were meant to support his ongoing political activities as he eyes a seat in Parliament.
“This doesn’t affect me alone. Many people survive on events like these,” he stressed, condemning the police decision as unfair and harmful.
Walukagga directed all fans who had already purchased tickets to return to the venue with proof and claim their refunds.
His cancellation comes just days after King Saha also had his Kyotera concert blocked by authorities, raising fresh questions about the recurring disruption of musicians’ shows.
Stay tuned for more updates here.

